Dozzell steps up recovery at Town’s training base as he battles back from knee injury
- Credit: Archant
Teenage midfielder Andre Dozzell has taken the next step as he continues his recovery from a season-ending knee injury.
The youngster started the Blues’ opening-day clash with Birmingham but saw his season end just 50 minutes later after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury.
First team physio Alex Chapman has regularly posted videos documenting Dozzell’s recovery, with the latest showing the young midfielder running on the grass for the first time at Town’s Playford Road training base.
Speaking in December, Dozzell was full of praise for the club’s medical staff: “The physios [Matt Byard and Chapman] have been unbelievable. I have to thank them for all the time and effort they’ve given me,” he said.
“They set me goals and know exactly what I should be doing to prevent any injuries during rehab.
“I listen to them as they’re the experts and right now my recovery is going well.
You may also want to watch:
“We aren’t looking too far ahead so there is no return date set yet but we’re definitely going in the right direction.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death