Ipswich Town’s Andre Dozzell named in England squad for prestigious Toulon tournament
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town midfielder Andre Dozzell has been selected to represent England at this summer’s Toulon tournament – the Young Lions side made up of the best under-18, 19 and 20s talent in the country.
Dozzell (18) made six starts for the Blues this season, in his first full campaign as a professional at Portman Road, and will be in the 18-man England squad for their group games with Angola, Cuba and Japan at the annual tournament.
Dozzell recently signed a new two-year extension to his deal with the Blues, keeping him at Town until 2020, and his father, former Town midfielder, Jason, said recently that the teenager was targeting a big campaign domestically, next season.
Defending champions England will play their first game on May 29 against Angola in Aubagne, before facing Cuba in Salon de Provence three days later.
The group stage is rounded off on June 4 when England take on Japan in Aubagne.
GOALKEEPERS: Ellery Balcombe (Brentford), Ryan Schofield (Huddersfield Town)
DEFENDERS: Cameron Borthwick Jackson (Manchester United), Reece James (Chelsea),
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 4 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 5 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 6 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 9 Huge barn conversion with amazing field views goes up for rent
- 10 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
Ezri Konsa (Charlton Athletic), Japhet Tanganga (Tottenham Hotspur), Joshua Tymon (Hull City)
MIDFIELDERS: Harvey Barnes (Leicester City), David Brooks (Sheffield United), Sadou Diallo (Manchester City), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), Demetri Mitchell (Manchester United), Tariq Uwakwe (Chelsea), Ronaldo Vieira (Leeds United),
STRIKERS: Luke Bolton (Manchester City), Elliot Embleton (Sunderland), George Hirst (Sheffield Wednesday), Daniel Kemp (West Ham United), Martell Taylor-Crossdale (Chelsea), Ike Ugbo (Chelsea)