Ipswich Town’s Andre Dozzell named in England squad for prestigious Toulon tournament
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town midfielder Andre Dozzell has been selected to represent England at this summer’s Toulon tournament – the Young Lions side made up of the best under-18, 19 and 20s talent in the country.
Dozzell (18) made six starts for the Blues this season, in his first full campaign as a professional at Portman Road, and will be in the 18-man England squad for their group games with Angola, Cuba and Japan at the annual tournament.
Dozzell recently signed a new two-year extension to his deal with the Blues, keeping him at Town until 2020, and his father, former Town midfielder, Jason, said recently that the teenager was targeting a big campaign domestically, next season.
Defending champions England will play their first game on May 29 against Angola in Aubagne, before facing Cuba in Salon de Provence three days later.
The group stage is rounded off on June 4 when England take on Japan in Aubagne.
You may also want to watch:
GOALKEEPERS: Ellery Balcombe (Brentford), Ryan Schofield (Huddersfield Town)
DEFENDERS: Cameron Borthwick Jackson (Manchester United), Reece James (Chelsea),
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 10 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
Ezri Konsa (Charlton Athletic), Japhet Tanganga (Tottenham Hotspur), Joshua Tymon (Hull City)
MIDFIELDERS: Harvey Barnes (Leicester City), David Brooks (Sheffield United), Sadou Diallo (Manchester City), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), Demetri Mitchell (Manchester United), Tariq Uwakwe (Chelsea), Ronaldo Vieira (Leeds United),
STRIKERS: Luke Bolton (Manchester City), Elliot Embleton (Sunderland), George Hirst (Sheffield Wednesday), Daniel Kemp (West Ham United), Martell Taylor-Crossdale (Chelsea), Ike Ugbo (Chelsea)