Ipswich Town’s Anthony Wordsworth targets Easter return
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH TOWN midfielder Anthony Wordsworth hopes to give the Blues an Easter boost by declaring himself fit and ready for action.
The 24-year-old landed heavily and suffered a fractured spine, during Town’s 1-0 victory over Blackpool last month.
The initial diagnosis was that Wordsworth would be out for at least six weeks before he could begin running again, but the former Colchester man remains hopeful of a swifter return.
“Hopefully I’ll be back on the training pitch doing some light running next week and then step it up from there,” Wordsworth said.
“If all goes well, I’d like to be back and available for the Easter games against Leeds and Millwall.
You may also want to watch:
“The specialist said it would be six to eight weeks before I was running again but the physios have been brilliant here and they are the reason I’m ahead of schedule.
“I’ve been doing Pilates, had acupuncture and a lot of massaging as well and it’s worked really well and I just can’t wait to get back out on the pitch.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“It’s the first real injury I’ve had in my career and it was devastating when it happened. I was making my first start for the team and just getting into the game.
“I went for a cross from Murph, the defender spun me around and the ‘keeper caught me. I wanted to carry on but the pain was terrible. I don’t know why I tried to play on really – I was just so disappointed I suppose.”