Ipswich Town’s Danish defender Jonas Knudsen wants to add attacking edge to his game
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town defender Jonas Knudsen wants to add an offensive edge to his game this season, ahead of tonight’s Championship trip to Wolves.
The 23-year old plays in one of football’s most demanding roles – full-backs are required to attack almost as well as they defend in the modern era – and contributed two assists last season for a team that scored just 53 times in 46 games.
“I am working on my feet and trying to improve my offensive game,” he said.
“As a full-back you need to be good defensive and then offence is the next step.
“I want to get over the line as much as possible and deliver good crosses for my team-mates and hopefully we will see that this season.”
Knudsen is keen, however, for his defensive qualities not to be compromised, the defender part of the team that lost 2-0 defeat at Brentford.
“It was very disappointing because I think we did well in the first half,” he said.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 5 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
“We played a style of football we want to play in the first half and put them under pressure, having some good chances.”
He added: “They then scored the goal and we should have done better. The next five minutes maybe we should have got back our shape and done what we were doing well in the first half, because at 1-0 you still have a chance.
“We need to do better and I think we will do at Wolves.”