Ipswich Town’s Frank Nouble has Owls in his sights
- Credit: Andy Abbotty
Ipswich Town striker Frank Nouble hopes to have done enough to retain his place for Saturday’s Championship clash at Sheffield Wednesday.
The 21-year-old virtually secured Town’s place in the Championship for another season, scoring two poacher’s goals in Tuesday night’s 3-0 home victory over Crystal Palace.
Making just his third start, the striker’s willingness to close down the opposition forced mistakes from goalkeeper Julian Speroni and defender Peter Ramage, to give Mick McCarthy’s side a crucial three points.
Victory in South Yorkshire at the weekend will rule out any chance of Ipswich going down and Nouble is eager to be involved.
“You have got to be ready to take your chance and I hope my form continues between now and the end of the season,” said Nouble, signed from Championship strugglers Wolves for a cut-price £25,000 in January.
You may also want to watch:
“I capitalised on two mistakes and when I am through on goal I am always confident.
“I don’t think there is any other striker that plays the way I do at the club, so if the manager wants to use me again at Sheffield Wednesday, which will be a good game, I will hopefully take my chance again.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
It was a night of celebration against the Eagles, with Nouble’s double strike – his first goals for the club – sandwiched in between a long-range stunner from Aaron Cresswell.
Nouble lapped up the adulation, kissing one female fan on the hand and dancing in his own unique way with Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, but was just as happy for Cresswell.
“It is very important for me that, wherever I am, I have good interaction with the fans, especially with my social networking thing, and it is good to show the love,” said Nouble.
“I got to dance a bit with JET but not for long as the players kept interrupting me!”
He added: “Aaron’s goal was special and as soon as it left his foot I knew it was in.”
For updates from Saturday’s game at Hillsborough, follow @chrisbramms on Twitter.