Ipswich Town’s Frank Nouble ruled out of Bolton clash
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town striker Frank Nouble has been ruled out of Saturday’s home clash with Bolton after picking up an injury in training.
The 21-year-old who made his first start for the Blues in last Saturday’s away draw at Peterborough, tweaked a hamstring on Tuesday.
Nouble’s place could be taken by Michael Chopra, who missed the game at London Road, provided he has recovered from a dead leg picked up in the defeat at Nottingham Forest.
Nouble expects to be fit and ready the Easter period, which sees games against Leeds and Millwall.
The big striker said: “It is really disappointing to be ruled out.
“It’s a tweak and the physio has said the only cure is rest. I could take a chance and play against Bolton but it could get worse and I would end up missing even more games.
“It was felt that the best thing was to miss Saturday, have a good rest over the international break and then be back in contention for the game against Leeds.”
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 7 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
Three pages of Ipswich v Bolton in tomorrow’s Ipswich Star.