Ipswich Town’s Monty Patterson signs on loan for Braintree Town
- Credit: Archant
Braintree Town have boosted their chances of retaining their National League status by signing striker Monty Patterson on loan from Ipswich Town, for the rest of the season.
Patterson played six games on loan with The Iron earlier in the season, netting in the 7-0 win over Eastbourne in the FA Cup.
Now the New Zealand international, who scored a hat-trick in Town Under-23s’ 8-0 win over Watford at Portman Road on Monday, is ready to make a bigger impact at Cressing Road.
Town manager Mick McCarthy said: “Bearing in mind he plays in Tom Lawrence’s position, he’s not going to play for us just yet is he?
“Being on loan at Braintree has helped him get in our Under-23s and play like he did the other night.
“He wasn’t doing that prior to the loan spell. It’s a real benefit for him going out and playing at that level.
“I always have a recall clause. If we have five games left and nothing to play for we may well bring him back and give him games.”
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
Patterson, aged 20, has made seven appearances for the New Zealand senior side but has yet to play a first-team game for Ipswich.