Ipswich Town’s new away kit bears striking resemblance to Barcelona’s famous shirt
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have launched their new kits for the 2015/16 season, with the away strip bearing a striking resemblance to the famous shirt of Spanish giants Barcelona.
The Suffolk side – who face rivals Norwich City in a Championship play-off semi-final second leg at Carrow Road on Saturday – will wear blue and red vertical stripes, with a yellow trim, on their travels.
The new blue home kit has a white collar and thin pin stripes, while the keeper will wear all green.
All three strips were unveiled at a special launch event at Cineworld, Ipswich this evening, around 200 fans having won the chance to see them first.
Retail manager Lee Hyde said: “We’ve been working on them with adidas for 18 months now, so a lot of hard work has gone into it. Hopefully the fans like what they see and we will be interested to see what the feedback is after tonight’s event.”
Managing director Ian Milne said: “Following our first great season back with adidas, where our retail sales went up over 50% as compared to 2013/14, Ipswich Town are very proud to launch its 2015/16 season home and away first-team shirts.
“The squad are again very excited to be wearing the new kit and we know our fans will want to be wearing these latest designs, not only because they look fantastic but also perform to a very high standard due to the quality adidas provide.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 4 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 5 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 8 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 9 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 10 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
Ipswich Town will continue to wear their current kit for the remainder of this campaign.
– What do you think? Post your comments below.