Ipswich Town’s top-six decider at Blackburn will be televised live by Sky Sports
Ipswich Town’s top-six decider at Blackburn Rovers will be televised live by Sky Sports on Saturday lunchtime (12.15pm).
The Blues need to avoid defeat at Ewood Park in order to guarantee their involvement in the Championship play-offs, with chasing duo Wolves and Brentford – both three points behind – able to pounce if Town and/or Derby slip up.
Derby host Reading (who have lost their last five), Brentford welcome Wigan (relegated), while Wolves are at home to Millwall (relegated). Town’s goal difference is three better than Brentford’s and seven better than Wolves’.
Sky Sports viewers will also have the option to watch the Derby match live, the four-way battle for fifth and sixth spots now the most exciting element heading into the final weekend of the regular season with the automatic promotion spots and relegation places all settled.
All of Saturday’s Championship matches will kick-off at 12.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
This will be the 11th time this season that a Town match will be broadcast live on television.
Should Ipswich secure their first top-six finish in a decade they will face either Norwich (at home to Fulham) or Middlesbrough (at home to Brighton) in the play-off semi-finals.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 7 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 8 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 9 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 10 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
Town’s TV record so far this season:
Aug 9: Fulham (h) W 2-1
Aug 23: Norwich (h) L 1-0
Sept 22: Wigan (a) W 2-1
Nov 29: Charlton (a) W 1-0
Jan 10: Derby (h) L 1-0
Jan 14: Southampton (h) L 1-0 (FA Cup replay, BBC One)
Mar 1: Norwich (a) L 2-0
Mar 14: Middlesbrough (a) L 4-1
Apr 3: Bournemouth (h) D 1-1
Apr 18: Wolves (a) D 1-1