Ipswich Town’s top-six decider at Blackburn will be televised live by Sky Sports
Ipswich Town’s top-six decider at Blackburn Rovers will be televised live by Sky Sports on Saturday lunchtime (12.15pm).
The Blues need to avoid defeat at Ewood Park in order to guarantee their involvement in the Championship play-offs, with chasing duo Wolves and Brentford – both three points behind – able to pounce if Town and/or Derby slip up.
Derby host Reading (who have lost their last five), Brentford welcome Wigan (relegated), while Wolves are at home to Millwall (relegated). Town’s goal difference is three better than Brentford’s and seven better than Wolves’.
Sky Sports viewers will also have the option to watch the Derby match live, the four-way battle for fifth and sixth spots now the most exciting element heading into the final weekend of the regular season with the automatic promotion spots and relegation places all settled.
All of Saturday’s Championship matches will kick-off at 12.15pm.
This will be the 11th time this season that a Town match will be broadcast live on television.
Should Ipswich secure their first top-six finish in a decade they will face either Norwich (at home to Fulham) or Middlesbrough (at home to Brighton) in the play-off semi-finals.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 9 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
- 10 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
Town’s TV record so far this season:
Aug 9: Fulham (h) W 2-1
Aug 23: Norwich (h) L 1-0
Sept 22: Wigan (a) W 2-1
Nov 29: Charlton (a) W 1-0
Jan 10: Derby (h) L 1-0
Jan 14: Southampton (h) L 1-0 (FA Cup replay, BBC One)
Mar 1: Norwich (a) L 2-0
Mar 14: Middlesbrough (a) L 4-1
Apr 3: Bournemouth (h) D 1-1
Apr 18: Wolves (a) D 1-1