Ipswich Town’s Tyrone Mings was ‘flattered’ by Crystal Palace approach
- Credit: contributed/ITFC
Ipswich Town defender Tyrone Mings revealed he was flattered to be the subject of a deadline day bid from Premier League Crystal Palace, but insists he is focused on the job in hand at Portman Road.
The young defender was an ever-present in the league this season until Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Derby, and impressed new Eagles manager Neil Warnock, who was keen to strengthen his defence.
Mings explained how he discussed Palace’s interest with Blues boss Mick McCarthy on Monday but is now keen to draw a line under the matter.
“When I found out that Crystal Palace were interested, I spoke to the manager,” Mings told the club website.
“He told me straight that he didn’t want me to be sold, that I wouldn’t be going anywhere. He said that he wanted me settled here and part of his squad going forward and that was obviously nice to hear.
You may also want to watch:
“All the Crystal Palace interest was flattering. I’d be lying if I said otherwise –with a Premier League club willing to pay money for me at this stage of my career but it’s in the past now.
“I’ve obviously only been in the game a short while and things have gone well for me at Ipswich. I’m certainly very happy and I’m looking forward to the future here. I want to help the Club reach the Premier League. That is the goal for me and everyone else here.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast