Ipswich Town’s Under-21s lose to Brentford
- Credit: James Ager
Aaron Mclean and trialist Ade Yusuff scored, but to no avail, as the Blues’ under-21s team went down 3-2 to Brentford, at Playford Road, today.
Featuring Tyrone Mings, Reece Brown, Josh Carson and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, as well as Arran Lee-Barrett in goal, Town went behind eight minutes before the break through a Matthew Clarke own goal.
However, the Blues, for whom Byron Lawrence also played 82 minutes, were not behind for long and Mclean set up Yusuff, who is a full-time student at Kettering-based Tresham Academy.
Jack Utteridge then gave the Bees the lead just before the break, before Lee Norris gave the Londoners a two-goal cushion with 20 minutes to go.
Mclean, who featured for Town’s first team as a substitute, in Saturday’s draw at Peterborough, pulled a goal back for the Blues but Brentford held on.
BLUES: Crowe, Brown, Mings, Thorsteinsson, Nkunga, Clarke (Hammond 46), Emmanuel-Thomas, Carson, Mclean, Lawrence (Leddy 82), Yusuff (Galvin 89). Unused: Berkane
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches