Ipswich Town’s Under-21s lose to Brentford
- Credit: James Ager
Aaron Mclean and trialist Ade Yusuff scored, but to no avail, as the Blues’ under-21s team went down 3-2 to Brentford, at Playford Road, today.
Featuring Tyrone Mings, Reece Brown, Josh Carson and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, as well as Arran Lee-Barrett in goal, Town went behind eight minutes before the break through a Matthew Clarke own goal.
However, the Blues, for whom Byron Lawrence also played 82 minutes, were not behind for long and Mclean set up Yusuff, who is a full-time student at Kettering-based Tresham Academy.
Jack Utteridge then gave the Bees the lead just before the break, before Lee Norris gave the Londoners a two-goal cushion with 20 minutes to go.
Mclean, who featured for Town’s first team as a substitute, in Saturday’s draw at Peterborough, pulled a goal back for the Blues but Brentford held on.
You may also want to watch:
BLUES: Crowe, Brown, Mings, Thorsteinsson, Nkunga, Clarke (Hammond 46), Emmanuel-Thomas, Carson, Mclean, Lawrence (Leddy 82), Yusuff (Galvin 89). Unused: Berkane
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car