Close to 9,000 season ticket holders renew for 2020/21 season
- Credit: Archant
Three quarters of Ipswich Town’s season ticket holders have renewed for the 2020/21 season, we understand.
Instead of launching a full season ticket sales campaign in April, as they would have done ordinarily, the Blues offered the opportunity for their existing ticket holders to renew for the 2020/21 season and take advantage of a price freeze.
Of the 12,000 season ticket holders from 2019/20, close to 9,000 are understood to have renewed for next season despite there being little clarity on when the new campaign will begin or whether supporters will be allowed in stadiums.
Two dates have been suggested – August 29 and September 12 – but there remains strong opposition from League One clubs who would prefer not to return until supporters are able to attend en masse.
There are hopes that reduced crowds will be able to return to stadiums in September with social distancing measures in place, but this is by no means certain.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues are close to announcing their refund policy for 2019/20 season ticket holders, with a range of options likely to be presented to supporters early next week.
The club have already offered refunds on 2,500 individual match tickets bought for any of the club’s eight remaining games prior to the cancellation of last season.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 7 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave