Close to 9,000 season ticket holders renew for 2020/21 season
- Credit: Archant
Three quarters of Ipswich Town’s season ticket holders have renewed for the 2020/21 season, we understand.
Instead of launching a full season ticket sales campaign in April, as they would have done ordinarily, the Blues offered the opportunity for their existing ticket holders to renew for the 2020/21 season and take advantage of a price freeze.
Of the 12,000 season ticket holders from 2019/20, close to 9,000 are understood to have renewed for next season despite there being little clarity on when the new campaign will begin or whether supporters will be allowed in stadiums.
Two dates have been suggested – August 29 and September 12 – but there remains strong opposition from League One clubs who would prefer not to return until supporters are able to attend en masse.
There are hopes that reduced crowds will be able to return to stadiums in September with social distancing measures in place, but this is by no means certain.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues are close to announcing their refund policy for 2019/20 season ticket holders, with a range of options likely to be presented to supporters early next week.
The club have already offered refunds on 2,500 individual match tickets bought for any of the club’s eight remaining games prior to the cancellation of last season.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found