Ipswich Town set to name new manager tomorrow
THE new manager of Ipswich is set to be named tomorrow.
Paul Jewell remains firm favourite to take over from Roy Keane who was sacked on Friday.
One national newspaper had reported that Jewell and Alan Curbishley had been shortlisted with former Norwich City player Gary Megson an “outsider” for the position.
Town owner Marcus Evans and chief executive Simon Clegg are believed to have met with potential candidates this weekend.
The new man’s first match in charge will be Wednesday night’s home Carling Cup semi-final against Arsenal.
You may also want to watch:
For all the FIRST news, reports and reaction from today’s big match at Chelsea visit www.greenun24.co.uk throughout the day.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's