Ipswich Town sign Jack Collison
- Credit: James Ager
Ipswich Town have signed former West Ham midfielder Jack Collison on a short-term deal.
The Welsh international has been training with the Blues for several weeks and will wear the number 31 shirt for Town.
“The deal will take him up until just before the next tramsfer window,” said McCarthy, who added that Collison would boost competition for places in the squad.
“Cole (Skuse) has got a sore toe and Tabby (Jay Tabb) has been missing with flu and another extra body with his quality will be nice to have around.”
Meanwhile, McCarthy hopes Skuse will be fit for tomorrow’s home game with Rotherham and confirmed that Tabb was back in full training.
Cameron Stewart played a game in the under-21s, during training this morning, while Stephen Hunt is fit and available for selection.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 6 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 7 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk