Ipswich Town confirm loan signing of Tottenham striker Parrott
- Credit: ITFC
Ipswich Town have completed the loan signing of Troy Parrott until the end of the season.
The 18-year-old has been on loan at Millwall during the first half of this season, where he made 14 appearances, but has been recalled by Spurs and immediately sent out on loan to Ipswich.
The two-cap Republic of Ireland international will wear No.40 during his time with the Blues.
While 6ft 1inch teenager is yet to get off the mark in the professional game, he has been a regular scorer in Tottenham's youth system prior to his loan to Millwall.
Parrott is a Republic of Ireland international, given his debut by former Town boss Mick McCarthy, who has made four senior appearances for the Tottenham first-team.
Parrott trained with his Ipswich team-mates today and could make his debut when Blackpool visit Portman Road this weekend.
He joins at a time when Town are struggling for strikers, with James Norwood not fully fit, Oli Hawkins injured and Kayden Jackson suspended.
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Matchday Live: Town two down in 'season-defining' game as Harrop sees red
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 9 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
- 10 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
Freddie Sears started at Crewe before Aaron Drinan came off the bench to net his first senior goal and equalise for Town.