Town announce signing of young winger Crane
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have agreed a deal to sign teenage winger Ross Crane.
The youngster will join from Bury Town in July, having played for the Bostik North side last season.
The 17-year-old came through the AFC Sudbury academy and has also spent time with the Blues’ academy in the past, but will now link up with the club on a two-year contract.
Crane is left-sided winger and has impressed both academy chief Bryan Klug as well as former Town striker Alan Lee, who is on the board at Bury.
MORE: Championship clubs eyeing Town striker Jackson as contract talks stall“Bryan Klug has watched Ross’ progress over the last year or so and he comes with Alan Lee’s backing as well,” Town’s general manager football operations, Lee O’Neill, told the club website.
“He’s raw and is learning the game but we will give him the platform to develop as a footballer.”
Town have a good relationship with Bury, with a string of players including current first-teamer Jack Lankester spending time on loan at the non-league club.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 6 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area