Ipswich Town spokesman rubbishes rumours of a fall-out between Paul Jewell and Jimmy Bullard
IPSWICH Town boss Paul Jewell has NOT fallen-out with midfielder Jimmy Bullard.
With the 33-year-old dropped for the last two home matches following a series of below-par performances, it was reported in the national press yesterday that Jewell had demanded his out-of-form star move closer to the club’s Playford Road training ground.
However, we understand that the under-fire Town manager has dismissed the negative speculation as an unfortunate by-product of his side’s worrying seven-game losing streak.
While it is true that Bullard has a home in Cobham, Surrey – a good two-hour drive away – it is understood that he always stays in Ipswich overnight before a game and often commutes to training from a far nearer family home in Essex.
A club spokesman told the Evening Star: “Rumours of a bust-up between manager Paul Jewell and Jimmy Bullard are complete rubbish.”
You may also want to watch:
Previous Ipswich manager Roy Keane did insist that his players live within half an hour of the training ground, memorably falling out with the likes of Ben Thatcher and Kevin Lisbie over the issue. However, the Star understands that Jewell has placed no such restrictions on his players.
Bullard – a notorious joker and seemingly popular character in the dressing room – chose not to comment yesterday, but it is understood he is hurt by a further allegation that his team-mates have been unimpressed with his attitude of late.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 10 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
The playmaker quickly became a fans’ favourite during a successful loan spell at the club in the second half of last season, but has failed to reach those heights since signing a two-year contract in August.
He is still currently in the middle of a legal dispute with former employees Hull City after they terminated his contract two years early following an alleged ‘breach of club discipline’.