Town's Stevenage friendly tomorrow cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town's friendly against Stevenage Borough at Needham Market tomorrow has been cancelled.
The Blues were due to face the League Two side at Bloomfields, the home of Needham Market FC, with a 1pm kick-off.
But Stevenage have this morning pulled out of the fixture.
A statement on the Borough website said: "Stevenage have now been forced to pull out of the fixture due to circumstances beyond the club's control."
The EADT and Star understand that the decision is coronavirus-related.
The news means the Blues' next match will be the home friendly against Premier League Crystal Palace this Saturday.
Ticket details for that game, and the Portman Road clash with Millwall a week later, are due to be released today.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss