Town remain in talks with out-of-contract players but Knudsen and Spence set to depart
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town are still talking to a number of their out-of-contract players regarding new deals.
Manager Paul Lambert met with his players at Playford Road on Monday before sending them off on their summer break, with the future of those whose contracts are expiring on the agenda.
It's understood Jonas Knudsen, who indicated his desire to leave during the season, and Jordan Spence, who hasn't featured for Lambert since January's FA Cup loss at Accrington, will be leaving the club when their deals are up.
Simon Dawkins, who has struggled to break into the team since his January arrival, will also depart.
Goalkeeper Dean Gerken, defender James Collins and midfielders Tom Adeyemi and Grant Ward are also out of contract but talks with those players are understood to be ongoing and it's possible they may remain with the club.
Gerken, Ward and Adeyemi have options in their deals in the club's favour, meaning they can be kept for a further 12 months should the Blues wish.
The club have until May 18 (third Saturday in May) to publish their retained list.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 6 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 7 Coastguard and police called to incident at Essex beach
- 8 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 9 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 10 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
IPSWICH TOWN CONTRACT SITUATION
IN LAST YEAR (WITHOUT EXTENSION OPTION)
Knudsen, McKendry, Collins
IN LAST YEAR (WITH EXTENSION OPTION)
Gerken, Ward, Adeyemi, Spence, C.Smith, Webber, Dawkins
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2020
Skuse, Edwards, Harrison, Roberts, Dozzell, Rowe, Sears, Clements, McGavin, Dobra, Kenlock, Emmanuel
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2021
Chambers, Bialkowski, Nsiala, Nolan, Jackson, Huws, Folami, Cotter, Nydam, Drinan, Morris, Wright, Donacien, El Mizouni, Bishop, K Brown, Judge
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2022
Lankester, Woolfenden, Ndaba, Downes