Young Town star Drinan heads to Sweden on loan
- Credit: Archant
Young Ipswich Town striking talent Aaron Drinan has signed for Swedish side GAIS on loan.
Drinan, 21, will move to the Gothenburg-based outfit until January 2020, in a bid to get game time and hone his craft.
GAIS play in the Superettan, the second-highest league in Sweden, where they finished tenth last season.
Drinan signed for the Blues from Waterford in January 2018, and was compared to former Blues star Daryl Murphy upon his arrival.
But he's struggled to make an impact at Portman Road, despite scoring often for the Blues' under 23 side, and is yet to make his debut for the first team.
He went on loan to non-league Sutton United last August, where he failed to find the net in 11 games, before hitting seven goals in a loan spell back at Waterford.
Drinan is under contract at Town until 2021.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
GAIS also had Town defender Barry Cotter on trial but the Irishman has returned to Portman Road.