McGoldrick could miss the rest of the season with a groin injury... so has he played his last game for Ipswich?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
David McGoldrick is likely to miss the rest of the season after suffering a groin injury in training, raising the question of whether he has played his final game for Ipswich Town.
The 30-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer without an option for an automatic extension, was due to start last night’s defeat by Cardiff before suffering a tendon injury in a session at Playford Road.
Manager Mick McCarthy confirmed the injury after the game, which he expects to keep the striker sidelined until the end of the campaign.
“Didzy (McGoldrick) was due to play, I have to be honest, and he’s damaged the tendon in his groin, he’ll probably be out for the rest of the season,” McCarthy said.
“He’s had some bad ones and they all seem to be long ones. And it was nothing, it was so innocuous really.”
You may also want to watch:
When asked whether the injury meant McGoldrick had played his final game for the Blues, with his contract up in the summer, McCarthy replied: “Let’s wait and see. I’m not going to give you that headline, or anybody else for that matter. We’ve got to wait and see, but it does look like a bad injury.”
The Blues boss, who is also out of contract this summer, also confirmed there have yet to be any discussions with McGoldrick regarding a new deal.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs