Hurst has mystery injury doubt ahead of Brentford visit as Blues boss ponders changes
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Paul Hurst has an injury doubt over a mystery player ahead of tomorrow night’s visit of Brentford.
The Ipswich manager will be without central defender Toto Nsiala as he serves the final game of a three-game ban picked up at Sheffield Wednesday and preferred to keep his injury doubt a secret.
He said: “We’ve got a doubt over a player that I will keep to myself, but in the main we look like we have a very similar squad to choose from as we did at Hull.
“They’re all important players, people might think they’re not but trust me they are.”
Changes are likely tomorrow night, as the Blues search for their first win of the season against a side currently sitting second in the Championship.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the performance at the weekend wasn’t our best, taking results out of it, meaning picking the team is not the easiest job at the minute,” he said.
“As a manager you want that to be relatively easy. So there’s been a lot of though over the weekend and this morning to make that decision about what we feel is the best team to take to the field and take on a team full of confident at the moment.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
“We have to be at our best, certainly better than we were at the weekend, if we are to get anything from the game.”
Hurst must also once again leave one of his six loan players out for the game with the Bees, with Janoi Donacien that man in the last two games.
Teddy Bishop, Jordan Roberts and Andre Dozzell are all playing for the Under 23s against Watford this lunchtime.