Harrison, Skuse and Nolan all shake off knocks for Derby trip
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Hurst is pleased to have no new injury concerns ahead of tomorrow night’s trip to Derby.
The Ipswich Town manager revealed after Saturday’s draw with Aston Villa that Ellis Harrison (knee), Cole Skuse (quad) and Jon Nolan (calf) had all picked up knocks, but all three will be fit and involved at Pride Park.
Teddy Bishop, Emyr Huws and Danny Rowe will all be involved for the Under 23s against Hull this evening and will not travel, but Hurst is pleased to have no further worries.
“Thankfully I think we’re all ok, which is pleasing because I was a bit concerned about the squad I would have to select from,” he said.
“That’s good news.
“Naturally we haven’t done too much (in training) today after the exertions of Saturday and the fact one or two are possibly still a little sore.
“It’s nothing that will keep them away from selection, though, and we’re looking forward to our trip to Derby.”
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 6 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 7 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 8 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 9 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 10 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
The Blues played more than half of Saturday’s 1-1 draw with only 10 men, following Tayo Edun’s red card, with Hurst not sure how that extra work will impact his side at Derby.
“We won’t know until the game’s underway and even then it depends how the game goes,” he said.
“Everyone always feels better if they get a first touch of the ball and things are going well in the game. It’s amazing, it gives you that bit more energy.
“That’s what we’ll be looking for. Saturday wasn’t ideal but we have to get on with it and that’s what we’ll do.”