IPSWICH TOWN: Teddy Bishop to miss Millwall clash as McCarthy eyes new goalkeeper
- Credit: Archant
Millwall v Ipswich Town: Teddy Bishop (illness) will miss Ipswich Town’s trip to Millwall, in the Championship, on Saturday.
The teenage midfielder did not train this morning and is still feeling the effects of the bug that has affected a clutch of players in the last few days.
On the flip-side, Cole Skuse and Jay Tabb did train this morning and should be in contention for the trip to The Den.
Manager Mick McCarthy may also look to bring in a new goalkeeper on loan, with Dean Gerken (hip) out injured and teenage stopper Michael Crowe the only back-up to Bartosz Bialkowski.
McCarthy said: “Teddy Bishop has not been in training today and is still suffering,” said the Blues boss.
“He won’t play, he’s been poorly all week. Hopefully he will be alright for Brighton (away, next Wednesday).
“We have one or two more sniffling and I hope it doesn’t get any worse than that.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 4 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 5 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 6 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
“The good news is that Jay Tabb and Cole Skuse trained today.”
On the current goalkeeping situation, McCarthy confessed he was looking for an experienced stopper to fill the void while Gerken is sidelined.
“We are looking for back-up, no doubt about that,” added McCarthy.
“It alright for Crowey (Michael Crowe) on the bench but he’s never played a first-team game.
“I think the position we are in are in, we need a bit more experience, a bit more cover than that.”