Ipswich Town to face MK Dons in pre-season friendly
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town have announced their first friendly of the 2018/19 pre-season.
The Blues will travel to Stadium MK for a clash with the MK Dons on Tuesday, July 24, with a 7.45pm kick-off.
Ticket details for the clash will be announced through the club’s website in due course.
It emerged yesterday that the club are also considering hosting a home friendly ahead of next season’s big kick-off.
Preparations for the pre-season are ongoing despite the club still searching for a new manager, following the departure of Mick McCarthy, with a game at Portman Road on the final weekend before the start of the new campaign a possibility.
The Blues spent the entirety of their preparations for last season on the road, with the last pre-season game at Portman Road coming in July 2016 when Belgian club Royale Union Saint-Gilloise visited.
The Blues are again set to spend a week in Ireland this summer, with the trip possibly including a friendly game, while the rest of the pre-season schedule is set to be made up of games against sides in the east of the England.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- The Championship fixtures for 2018/19 will be revealed at 9am on Thursday, June 21.