Ipswich Town to face Reading and QPR in opening fortnight
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town will face two of the three teams relegated from the Premier League in the opening fortnight of the 2013/14 season.
The Blues will kick off their season with a trip to Nigel Adkins’ Reading, on August 3 – a game that will provide a swift return to the Madjeski Stadium for new Town midfielder Jay Tabb, who was released by the Royals at the end of last season.
The Blues will follow up that visit to Berkshire, a week later, with a home clash against Millwall, before a tough-looking clash at Harry Redknapp’s QPR, who also dropped from the Premier League at the end of the 2012/13 campaign, on August 17.
Town finish the month with a home game against Leeds and a trip to Birmingham.
Mick McCarthy’s men will travel to Doncaster on Boxing Day and will host Charlton on the first day of 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Sheffield Wednesday provide the opposition for Town’s final game of the season, at Portman Road on May 3.
More to follow.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case