Milne reveals news on season tickets and McCarthy’s future will ‘come together in the next couple of weeks’
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town managing director Ian Milne has suggested the club will make a simultaneous announcement regarding season ticket prices and the future of manager Mick McCarthy.
Blues boss McCarthy is out of contract at the end of the season, after five-and-a-half years at the club, and recently said he would discuss his future with owner Marcus Evans in the coming weeks.
The club have regularly made announcements regarding season ticket prices for the following season in March, with Milne suggesting that will be accompanied by news of McCarthy’s future.
“It will come out in the next couple of weeks, hopefully some good news on that,” Milne said on the BBC’s Life’s a Pitch programme on Saturday.
“I think one thing is the season ticket side, where we have some good news, but also I think there’s also probably a change, a letter of intent from the club of what we’re doing in the future and what have you, without going into too much detail.
“I hope off the field we do get out our new intent with what we’re trying to do with the music (the club announced a live music event earlier this week) and other things as well. But I appreciate that’s a separate from the football.
You may also want to watch:
“We listen, the owner’s listening, we’re listening. They (the fans) come up with some great ideas, some we can take on. I think they will be pleased with what we’re going to do about season tickets.
“I think the timing is quite important. I appreciate that it’s not just the season ticket prices, it’s gauging for next season. We’re totally into that one and, yes, the two things will come together.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
“You’ve got to bear with us on timing on all of that. We understand where the fans are coming from, we totally get it and we will come out with the announcement at the appropriate time so they can make the right decision.”