Watch Downes’ acrobatic effort, Nsiala’s thunderous drive and Norwood’s clever finish in Ipswich training
- Credit: Archant
It’s day eight of Ipswich Town’s tour of Germany, with the Blues continuing to put the hours in at their base in Lower Saxony.
Paul Lambert's men training in the rain on Thursday at their Romantik Hotel Aselager Mühle home near Herzlake, but it's clear the Ipswich players have been enjoying the conditions.
The club Twitter account posted a video of Flynn Downes twisting to turn a Harry Wright pass past goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski as the squad took part in a small-sided game, while Toto Nsiala also found the night with an excellent low drive which skidded off the turf and past new signing Tomas Holy.
The central defender has been a social media star during the club's trip, with a number of videos of the former Shrewsbury man entertaining team-mates on the piano being posted online.
James Norwood joined in training with the rest of the squad for the first time on Wednesday and, while admitting he is still a little rusty having had six weeks off following his promotion exploits with Tranmere, finished superbly after linking up well with Alan Judge.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues lost their opening friendly 3-2 to Paderborn at the weekend and are now preparing for the Interwetten Cup in Meppen.
They face Fortuna Dusseldorf in their first 45-minute game before then taking on either the hosts or Dutch side Utrecht in a third-place play-off or final.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 10 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police