Deadline Day Live: Transfer latest from Ipswich Town and the rest of League One
- Credit: Archant
It’s transfer deadline day for Ipswich Town and the rest of League One. The window closes at 5pm.
It’s expected to a quiet deadline day at Ipswich Town ahead of the transfer window closing at 5pm.
Paul Lambert has brought in Stephen Ward, David Cornell and Oli Hawkins on free transfers this summer, while also adding Mark McGuinness (Arsenal) and Keanan Bennetts (Borussia Monchengladbach) on loan for what is expected to be the completion of the Blues’ business.
The Town boss has previously stressed he doesn’t expect to make any further additions to his squad but has been working to send some of his younger players out on loan.
Armando Dobra, Corrie Ndaba and Brett McGavin are among those who had been made available, with League Two interest in all three but, with injuries beginning to strike Lambert’s squad, those young players could potentially be required to remain at Portman Road for cover.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich have already loaned out goalkeepers Adam Przybek (Braintree), Harry Wright (GAIS, Sweden), Kai Brown, Bailey Clements (both Dagenham) and Levi Andoh (Lowestoft) and it’s possible further members of the Under 23 squad, such as Tyreece Simpson and Barry Cotter, could head out on temporary deals.
Stick with us throughout the day for all the latest Ipswich Town news as well as the latest from across League One.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future