Windass and Jackson updates as former Ipswich target Bogle completes Birmingham move
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have been in contact with Rangers regarding a move for forward Josh Windass but have yet to make a bid, we understand.
Reports this morning suggested the Blues had made an offer of £2million for the son of former Hull and Middlesbrough man, Dean Windass.
And while that interest is real, we understand no bid has been made as yet for the 24-year-old.
Windass, who operates mainly in a wide forward role, scored 18 goals for the Ibrox club last season, having joined on a pre-contract agreement from Accrington Stanley in the summer of 2016.
There is a sense Windass would be keen to test himself at Championship level, although Steven Gerrard is understood to see the forward as part of his plans at Rangers.
Interest in Windass comes at a time when the Blues remain intent on completing a deal for Accrington Stanley striker Kayden Jackson.
Accrington chairman Andy Holt had stated his club would not accept less than his valuation, thought to be £2,5million, for a striker who scored 16 goals for last season’s League Two champions.
It’s understood the Blues’ bidding has reached a level which has set the wheels in motion to complete the move.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 4 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 5 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 6 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 7 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 8 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Cobwebs spotted covering entire trees across Suffolk
Queens Park Rangers and Peterborough are also reported to have had bids accepted, with Jackson understood to have made it clear his preferred destination is Portman Road to work under Paul Hurst.
Jackson, who can play through the middle or in a wide forward role, enjoyed a brief loan spell at Hurst’s Grimsby in 2016-17.
It would appear unlikely the Blues would be looking to do deals of that level for both Jackson and Windass, with Hurst keen on strengthening other areas of his squad.
Meanwhile Omar Bogle has joined Birmingham City on loan for the season.
Ipswich made a loan offer for the Cardiff City striker, who worked with Paul Hurst and Chris Doig at Grimsby, but he has instead rejoined the club which released him as a teenager.
Martyn Waghorn’s move to Derby and the arrival of Jon Nolan and Toto Nsiala from Shrewsbury are all nearing a conclusion.
Waghorn has been at Pride Park today to put the finishing touches to his medical, while the Shrewsbury duo have both completed that process at Ipswich.
Once all loose ends have been tied up, the deals are expected to be announced.