Two former Ipswich youngsters on the move as son of Blues favourite joins Premiership club
- Credit: Archant
Two former Ipswich Town players have signed professional deals with new clubs this week, while a son of a former Blues favourite is also on the move.
Ross Marshall, a central defender or midfielder who came through the club’s academy before being released last summer, has signed for Stevenage having spent last season at Maidstone.
“I am really excited to get it done,” Marshall said. “As soon as I heard the interest and came in to speak with the gaffer, I was on board right away and I just want to get going now.”
Another former young Ipswich player, Kian Ronan has signed for Gibraltar’s Lincoln Red Imps, who have previously played in Champions League qualifiers and have won 15 of the last 17 Gibraltar Premier Division titles.
Right-back Ronan, who has played for Gibraltar at Under 21 level, was released by the Blues last summer alongside Marshall.
“Very pleased to be joining such a historic and successful club, can’t wait to get onto the pitch and get the ball rolling,” Ronan said.
Meanwhile, Drey Wright, son of former Town favourite Jermaine, has moved to Scottish Premiership side Hibernian from St Johnstone.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
Another of Jermaine’s sons, Diaz, is currently at Colchester.