Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked to Nathan Thompson, Bartosz Bialkowski heading to Wolves?
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are one of a number of clubs being linked to Swindon captain Nathan Thompson, while inspirational stopper Bartosz Bialkowski has been linked with a move to Wolves.
Thompson, 26, is understood to be leaving the Robins this summer as a free agent once his contract expires.
According to Sky Sports, Portsmouth, Charlton, Rotherham and QPR will compete with the Blues for Thompson’s signature.
Thompson came through the Swindon youth set-up and made 36 appearances for them last season, scoring two goals, as the Robins were relegated to League Two.
Meanwhile, Town’s prized asset Bialkowski has been linked with a move to Wolves.
He was in high demand in January, but the club refused to let him go, while he himself said he was happy in Suffolk.
Indeed, Wolves would seem an unlikely destination for the highly-rated stopper, who has a year left on his contract and has spoken of his desire to play in the Premier League.
If he were to depart, it would be a major blow to the Blues and their fans, who recently voted the Polish custodian as Supporters’ Club Player of the Year for the second straight season.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 7 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo