Ipswich Town trio receive New Zealand and Mauritius calls
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town trio Tommy Smith, Monty Patterson and Kevin Bru have all been called-up for international duty later on this month.
Bru will be in the Mauritius squad for their AFCON (African Cup of Nations) matches against Comoros.
Smith and Patterson, the latter who is currently on-loan at National League side, Braintree Town, meanwhile, will be in the New Zealand squad for the All Whites’ World Cup qualifiers against Fiji, on March 24 and 28.
“If we come out on top against Fiji, we have another double header against the other group winner in Oceania,” the long-serving Smith told the club’s official website.
“If we win that, we play the fifth placed team in the South America group for a place in the 2018 World Cup. At the moment, that’s Argentina.
You may also want to watch:
“We know it’s going to be difficult to qualify for Russia but the manager (Anthony Hudson) is confident in our ability against any team.”
- 1 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 5 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 6 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 7 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 10 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended