Morris scores twice and Dozzell starts as U23s lose opener at Sheffield United
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ben Morris scored twice as Ipswich Town’s Under 23s went down 3-2 at Sheffield United this afternoon.
Andre Dozzell started the Ipswich youngsters’ opening game of their U23 Professional Development League, while Barry Cotter, Dylan Crowe and Ben Folami all took part in the game played at Stocksbridge.
Morris gave the young Blues the lead with a powerful strike but the Blades were level soon after, with Reece York beating Harry Wright.
David Parkhouse then gave United the lead on 33 minutes, with Simeon Oure scoring what turned out to be the winner in the second half.
There was still time for Morris to get his second of the afternoon as he fired home off the bar, but it wasn’t enough to avoid defeat.
The young Blues begin their home season at Portman Road against Hull on Monday night.
Ipswich Town U23: Wright, Crowe, Clements, Cotter, Ndaba, McKendry, Dozzell, McLoughlin, Morris, Lankester, Folami.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 6 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 7 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 8 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
Subs: Ware, Marshall, McGavin, Brown