Tale of two strikers as Harrison plays 45 minutes and Drinan starts in U23s’ loss at Millwall
- Credit: Archant
Strikers Ellis Harrison and Aaron Drinan were both involved as Ipswich Town’s Under 23s were beaten 2-0 at Millwall this afternoon.
The forward duo were both making their first appearances in Ipswich blue for some time, with Harrison returning from an ankle injury and Drinan turning out having returned early from his loan at non-league Sutton United.
Harrison played the opening 45 minutes of the game, as part of a side also featuring Myles Kenlock and Ben Folami, before being withdrawn at the break.
The Welshman has not played since the end of September, when he suffered an ankle ligament injury in training.
Drinan played 18 National League games for Sutton, without scoring, but did net a late winner to beat Wealdstone and secure his former club a place in the first round of the FA Cup.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 23s’ defeat was their first since the opening day of the season and came thanks to goals from Jesse Debrah and Isaac Olaofe. Gerard Nash’s side remain top of the table.
Ipswich Town U23s: Wright, Cotter, Kenlock, C Smith, Ndaba, McGavin, McLoughlin, El Mizouni (Dobra 79), Folami, Harrison (McKendry 46), Drinan (K Brown 79). Unused: Egan, Clements
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 190 homes plan in Bramford village will meet 'rising demand' for housing