Matchday Recap: Edwards and Sears on target as Town win again
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town beat Accrington Stanley 2-0 afternoon.
Ipswich beat Accrington 4-1 in January to move back to the top of the League One table but, mention Stanley in these parts and minds instantly think of the Blues’ struggles at the Wham Stadium under Lambert.
The FA Cup loss in January 2019 was nothing short of a disaster, leading to Lambert calling out his players and insisting he knew which members of his squad he wanted to dispense with. Jordan Spence was the first of those to move on, never playing for Town again.
Their return to the Wham was shown live on Sky, a year ago this weekend. That was a disaster, too, as the Blues’ unbeaten start to the campaign crumbled away.
From that day, Town won just six of their remaining 24 league games and tumbled down the table.
You may also want to watch:
Another home win will help banish those memories a little more.
Follow the game with us right here.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 10 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season