Matchday Recap: Edwards and Sears on target as Town win again
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town beat Accrington Stanley 2-0 afternoon.
Ipswich beat Accrington 4-1 in January to move back to the top of the League One table but, mention Stanley in these parts and minds instantly think of the Blues’ struggles at the Wham Stadium under Lambert.
The FA Cup loss in January 2019 was nothing short of a disaster, leading to Lambert calling out his players and insisting he knew which members of his squad he wanted to dispense with. Jordan Spence was the first of those to move on, never playing for Town again.
Their return to the Wham was shown live on Sky, a year ago this weekend. That was a disaster, too, as the Blues’ unbeaten start to the campaign crumbled away.
From that day, Town won just six of their remaining 24 league games and tumbled down the table.
Another home win will help banish those memories a little more.
Follow the game with us right here.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 6 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 7 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender