Ipswich Town v Birmingham City: Betting – punters backing an opening day draw
Most punters fancy a draw in the opening Championship clash of the season for Ipswich Town against Birmingham City at Portman Road this afternoon (3pm).
Mick McCarthy’s rebuilt squad are the betting favourites with most bookies, with odds mostly in the 6/4 and 7/5 range, while Harry Redknapp’s Blues are 2/1 for the win with most betting outlets.
A share of the spoils to start the season is priced at anything from 11/5 to 23/10 – and that’s where most of the money is going, according to Oddschecker.
Around 48% of bets placed are on the draw, while 38% are backing Birmingham to win.
Just 14% of punters are putting their money on Town for the victory, which is perhaps no surprise given that the Blues are one of the pre-season favourites for relegation.
In terms of first goalscorer, Joe Garner leads that market for Town with most odds ranging between 5/1 and 6/1. David McGoldrick (6/1 best odds) and Freddie Sears (6/1) are second and third behind the former Rangers man.
You may also want to watch:
But what do you think?
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket