Ipswich Town v Bolton Wanderers: Betting – Punters backing a Blues win

Joe Garner celebrates making it 2-0.. Picture: STEVE WALLER www.stephenwaller.com

Joe Garner celebrates making it 2-0.. Picture: STEVE WALLER www.stephenwaller.com - Credit: Picture: Steve Waller

Punters are lumping on a Town win in today’s Portman Road clash with rock-bottom Bolton Wanderers (3pm).

The Blues may have lost their last three games in all competitions, but most bets on the game are for Mick McCarthy’s men to beat Phil Parkinson’s cellar dwellers, at odds of 11-10.

According to Oddschecker, 73% of punters are backing a Town win. 17% fancy Wanderers to get their first league win of the season, at odds of 3-1, while around 10% are backing a draw at 45/17.

Striker Joe Garner leads the first goalscorer market at around 4/1, with David McGoldrick second at 11/2.

A draw is actually the bookies’ choice for final score, with 1-1 leading the way in that market at around 5/1.

A 1-0 Ipswich win is second favourite at around 13/2, with 2-1 to the Blues next at 15/2.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus