Matchday Recap: Sears and Chambers on target as Town progres
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town beat Bristol Rovers 3-0 in the first round of the Carabao Cup this afternoon.
This will be the first time the Blues have kicked a ball in anger since the 1-0 loss to eventual champions Coventry back in March, with this cup game coming against the side Town were due to face on the weekend football was shut down.
Town enter the new campaign following a pre-season which included two victories over Colchester as well as losses to Tottenham, West Ham and Cambridge.
It remains to be seen just how seriously Paul Lambert takes today’s game, though the boss did say: “We will be picking a strong team and we want to go through to the next round.”
Following today’s game, Arsenal’s Under 21s visit on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy before the real business starts with a league clash against Wigan next Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
You can follow the action live with us. Kick off is at 3pm.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening