Matchday Recap: Sears and Chambers on target as Town progres
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town beat Bristol Rovers 3-0 in the first round of the Carabao Cup this afternoon.
This will be the first time the Blues have kicked a ball in anger since the 1-0 loss to eventual champions Coventry back in March, with this cup game coming against the side Town were due to face on the weekend football was shut down.
Town enter the new campaign following a pre-season which included two victories over Colchester as well as losses to Tottenham, West Ham and Cambridge.
It remains to be seen just how seriously Paul Lambert takes today’s game, though the boss did say: “We will be picking a strong team and we want to go through to the next round.”
Following today’s game, Arsenal’s Under 21s visit on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy before the real business starts with a league clash against Wigan next Saturday.
You can follow the action live with us. Kick off is at 3pm.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 4 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 7 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 8 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
- 9 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 10 McKenna considering changes for Accrington visit