Matchday Recap: Three goals inside the first 20 minutes at Portman Road as Town win
- Credit: www.stephenwaller.com
Ipswich Town beat Bristol Rovers 2-1 at Portman Road this afternoon.
The Blues have won just one of their six games since Paul Cook took charge at the start of March, putting the breaks on Town's bid to reach the League One play-offs.
They enter today's game sitting 11th, three points from the top six, but face the side sitting 23rd in the division.
The Gas have struggled since the appointment of Joey Barton and are now in real relegation trouble.
That means a win is vital for Ipswich this afternoon if they are to have any chance of making the end of season lottery.
You can follow the game live with us right here.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints