Matchday Recap: Town beaten again at Portman Road as Morgan and Bogle strike
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town take on Charlton Athletic at Portman Road this afternoon - kick-off 3pm.
This afternoon’s game ends Town’s three-games home stand, with Paul Lambert’s men beating Shrewsbury but falling flat in defeat to Hull on Tuesday evening.
That result has seen the pressure increase on the Town boss and his players, ahead of the visit of the side directly below them in the table.
“It’ll be a tough game,” manager Lambert said.
“I know they lost to Burton, but there you go. Who expected Charlton to lose at Burton, but it happens.
You may also want to watch:
“The league is tough. Lee (Bowyer) has done really well taking them up and it’s an unforgiving league the Championship, a really hard, hard league.
“And then you find yourself back down in League One and people want to beat you and people think you’re one of the favourites to go back up – all those sorts of things come into it. But Lee has done a good job there.”
- 1 Police close road in Woodbridge after 'incident' at address
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
Follow the game live with us. Kick-off is at 3pm.