Matchday Recap: Town beaten again at Portman Road as Morgan and Bogle strike
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town take on Charlton Athletic at Portman Road this afternoon - kick-off 3pm.
This afternoon’s game ends Town’s three-games home stand, with Paul Lambert’s men beating Shrewsbury but falling flat in defeat to Hull on Tuesday evening.
That result has seen the pressure increase on the Town boss and his players, ahead of the visit of the side directly below them in the table.
“It’ll be a tough game,” manager Lambert said.
“I know they lost to Burton, but there you go. Who expected Charlton to lose at Burton, but it happens.
“The league is tough. Lee (Bowyer) has done really well taking them up and it’s an unforgiving league the Championship, a really hard, hard league.
“And then you find yourself back down in League One and people want to beat you and people think you’re one of the favourites to go back up – all those sorts of things come into it. But Lee has done a good job there.”
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 4 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 7 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 8 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 9 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
Follow the game live with us. Kick-off is at 3pm.