Matchday Recap: Town beaten again at Portman Road as Morgan and Bogle strike
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town take on Charlton Athletic at Portman Road this afternoon - kick-off 3pm.
This afternoon’s game ends Town’s three-games home stand, with Paul Lambert’s men beating Shrewsbury but falling flat in defeat to Hull on Tuesday evening.
That result has seen the pressure increase on the Town boss and his players, ahead of the visit of the side directly below them in the table.
“It’ll be a tough game,” manager Lambert said.
“I know they lost to Burton, but there you go. Who expected Charlton to lose at Burton, but it happens.
You may also want to watch:
“The league is tough. Lee (Bowyer) has done really well taking them up and it’s an unforgiving league the Championship, a really hard, hard league.
“And then you find yourself back down in League One and people want to beat you and people think you’re one of the favourites to go back up – all those sorts of things come into it. But Lee has done a good job there.”
- 1 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 2 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
- 6 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 7 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
Follow the game live with us. Kick-off is at 3pm.