Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- Credit: stephenwaller.com
Ipswich Town were in top form as they demolished Doncaster Rovers 6-0 at Portman Road this evening.
Tonight's game, against the side sitting bottom of the table, gives Paul Cook's side the chance to continue to build momentum, after beating Lincoln and drawing with Sheffield Wednesday in their last two outings.
Cook's men currently sit 21st in the League One table, following a tough start to the campaign, and could move up to 18th with victory tonight.
This evening's game is also likely to provide Sam Morsy the chance to make his league debut for the Blues, after serving a three-match ban.
"Samy is always champing at the bit," said Cook, when asked about the 30-year-old Egyptian international.
"He's a really good lad. He's captained the clubs I've been with him at (Chesterfield and Wigan). I know Samy inside out and Samy knows me inside out.
"He's a competitor, he's a winner and he'll want to win desperately for Ipswich Town Football Club. He's a massive addition to the squad.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
"I think Kyle Edwards will be available too (following a four game injury absence), as well as Toto Nsiala (having missed the last nine). So we are getting stronger now.
"Lads are getting games under their belts and the squad is growing, which is great for everyone."