Town set to face £18m midfielder and World Cup winner in Fulham clash
- Credit: PA
Premier League Fulham look set to hand debuts to four summer signings against Ipswich Town at Portman Road on Wednesday night - including an £18m midfielder and a World Cup winner.
The Cottagers visit Suffolk for a second round clash in the Carabao Cup, having lost their opening top flight game 3-0 at home to Arsenal on Saturday.
And it seems that Scott Parker’s side will be boosted by a quartet of debutants, with keeper Alphonse Areola, defender Kenny Tete, midfielder Mario Lemina and wing back Ola Aina all in line to make their first starts.
French World Cup winner Areola signed from PSG in the summer, with Tete a £3m signing from Lyon and Lemina and Aina coming in on loan from Southampton and Torino respectively.
Lemina cost the Saints £18m when he signed from Juventus in 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Aleksandar Mitrovic and midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, who both played just under 30 minutes off the bench at the weekend, are likely to play some part too.
Parker said: “This game (against Arsenal) came too early for those players - Alphonse (Areola), Lemina, the two boys (Kenny Tete & Ola Aina) we literally just signed.
- 1 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 4 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 5 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 6 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 7 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 8 A134 to close for resurfacing works taking drivers on 4-mile diversion
- 9 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 10 Beachgoers fined for refusing to pack up chairs and blankets
“They probably fit into the same category as Mitro. I’m pleased that he got 30 minutes, along with Anguissa, and on Wednesday we can get some more minutes into these players.”
Wednesday’s game kicks off at 7pm.