Matchday Recap: Quaner wins dramatic game for Ipswich after terrible Leeds mix-up
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town beat Leeds United 3-2 at Portman Road this afternoon.
The Blues’ relegation from the Championship was confirmed on April 13, meaning the club will be playing in the third tier for the first time since 1957.
Ipswich have lost each of their three games since relegation was confirmed, while Leeds’ automatic promotion hopes were ended following a sticky run of results.
They will have the backing of 4,000 fans at Portman Road this afternoon.
“If we don’t match them for desire then it will be a difficult game,” said Town boss Paul Lambert.
“We’ll do everything we can to send our fans away with smiles on their faces, but Leeds United are favourites – let’s not kid ourselves.
“They are higher than us in the league, they’ve won more games, they are a relentless team and they beat us at Elland Road pretty easy. If we don’t match their energy then we’re in for a hard, hard 90 minutes. If we match that then we’ve got a chance.”
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
You can follow the game live with us right here.