Matchday Live: Besic and Downing goals condemn Blues to home defeat
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Live updates as Ipswich Town take on Middlesbrough at Portman Road this evening (7.45pm).
The Blues remain winless but are unbeaten at Portman Road, drawing all five games on home soil under Hurst, but now face a Boro side packed with experience and sitting third in the league.
They will do so in front of a national television audience, with Hurst hopeful his side can continue to build on the ‘tiny steps’ that have come in recent weeks despite the wait for a win going on.
“We have the same points as Millwall, who have clearly had victories but also suffered more defeats,” he said.
“We’re above Preston, who have had a victory, so I guess it doesn’t matter in some ways where the points come from. But we know that, if you are going to get enough points in the end, you have to win games.
“For the second week running we’ve got a result and moved up a place. It’s tiny steps but we want to try and continue.
“It doesn’t get much tougher than Middlesbrough but it’s a game we have to look forward to and enjoy the challenge it poses.
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 7 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 8 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 9 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 10 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
“It’s on national TV as well so I’m hoping that can inspire us a little bit more to try and get that.”