Matchday Recap: Blues beaten as three second-half Millwall goals stun Portman Road
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town were beaten 3-2 by Millwall this afternoon.
It’s a vital game for the Blues, who remain bottom of the Championship and sit seven points from safety, heading into the new year.
Millwall have been in relegation trouble for much of the season but have moved clear of the relegation zone thanks to back-to-back 1-0 home wins over Reading and Nottingham Forest.
Ipswich must be looking to do th esame in today’s game and the clash with Rotherham at Portman Road a week on Saturday.
“It’s a huge month, but so was August, so was July, so was June,” said Lambert. “You can’t just be saying how big games are in December/January. If you take your eye off the ball in August you end up in this position and that’s what happened.
“But you have to stay with. I don’t think you can buckle or wilt. You have to be ready.
“The great thing we’ve got is that the supporters have been absolutely brilliant. I think they recognise the situation we’re in. If we can stick things together and get a few in then let’s see what happens.”
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 8 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 9 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 10 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
You can follow all the action live with us.