Matchday Recap: Spoils shared at Portman Road after 1-1 derby draw
- Credit: PA
The day has finally arrived - Ipswich Town take on Norwich City in the Easy Anglian Derby this lunchtime (kick-off 12pm).
The Blues have not beaten their local rivals in 10 attempts, dating back to April 2009, and will be looking to put things right today.
“We know it means a lot to people if we win,” captain Luke Chambers said. “It gives them the bragging rights and it would give the whole town a lift.
“We know what this game is all about. It’s all about the town and the surrounding area. I think everyone who lives here supports Ipswich Town.
“There will be an edge to the game – no doubt about that – and I think we’ll try to add that to our game.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve maybe missed that in the last few years. I don’t think we’ve made it a real, proper derby.
“We have some players in the team now who like a bit of a battle and enjoy putting in the tackles, so hopefully we can put our fans on the edge of their seats and right behind us all the way. These guys can be a massive help for us this weekend.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk