Matchday Recap: Cook gets first win as Town boss
- Credit: Steve Waller www.stephenwa
Ipswich Town beat Plymouth Argyle 1-0 this afternoon.
Manager Paul Cook takes charge of his third Town game this afternoon, having drawn one and lost the other during his first two.
“They have an outstanding young manager in Ryan Lowe,” Cook said of the Plymouth boss.
“He’s done well at Bury and then gone down to Plymouth and had instant success, so with Stephen Schumacher’s (assistant) help and the rest of his staff they’re building the club and Plymouth and it’s great to see.
“Plymouth will be better for it in 12 months’ time and I think they will be knocking on the door of the play-offs. They’ve had some great results this season and, like everyone else, they’ve had their dips. But that’s part of Ryan’s development and learning as a manager.
“We’re in for a really tough game and we’re looking forward to it.”
You can follow the action live with us right here.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 9 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns