Matchday Recap: Town beaten in extra-time as Portsmouth take controversial win
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town were beaten 3-2 by Portsmouth this afternoon as the were knocked out of the FA Cup.
“The FA Cup is a prestigious competition and we want to get through it,” manager Paul Lambert said. “We’re playing well, that’s for sure.
“(Town’s cup win in) 1978 is a long time ago and there’s great history with the FA Cup that you can’t take away, but we’ll try and get through.
“The situation doesn’t change the importance of the competition because you still want to do well, but if you get through the rounds and get a Premier League team then obviously all the big trips for the fans aren’t going to be there.
“This isn’t normal football and it’s tough without supporters but we’ll do everything we can to try and get through.
You may also want to watch:
“Same way we do in any game – try our best to get through.
“Both teams will make changes because the schedule’s been really tough, so we prepare as best we can.”
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker