Matchday Recap: Town fall to home loss as Portsmouth claim three points
- Credit: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town were beaten 2-0 by Portsmouth this afternoon.
It's third against fourth at Portman Road on the day 2,000 fans return to Portman Road - the first time spectators have been inside the stadium since March 7.
“It would be and it would be even better if we had a massive strong squad that gives us that chance," manager Paul Lambert said, when asked how good it would be to beat a promotion rival.
“But that’s where we are at the minute and, as I’ve said before, we’re competing really well, not playing great every week.
“Last Saturday I didn’t realise we had 67 per cent of the ball away from home, which is a really good stat.
“So we’re forcing the issue with teams, we’re trying to play good football, and we’re trying to win games."
Follow the game live with us right here.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools